Thread: 400z
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown82 View Post
nissan would be foolish to try and pump out another Z with a new engine. it actually hurts buyer loyalty if a company keeps changing the specs ever couple years. also with the big push to get away from using gas. tghis is pretty much the big last stand for high performance gasoline engines. nissan.lexus,ford,gm,dodge, merc,bmw ect all are using the majority of there resources in future electric/fuel cell cars. if nissan was smart they wouldnt worry to much about trying to pump out a bigger badder Z and just take a backseat for a couple years let the big boys duke out and them spend there time coming out as the top dog in the future cars.
I dont think this is true, they may put out less V8s then before but 4 and 6 turbos and SCs are about tripple then they were a few years ago. Thats whats so good about a 4 or 5 or 6 cyl turbo, good power and good gas mileage. 4 cyl with small turbos with a chip can make 300 hp and 300 tq and still get 27 mpg avg. I got 32 mppg highway on my 4 cyl turbo and had about 260 hp and 300 tq. All the companies are doing this now.