View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Portlander
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT Sport
Portlander is on a distinguished road

I purchased the tire and rim coverage and would highly recommend it if your Z has the Sport Package due to the replacement cost of the 19" Rays and Potenza tires. Dealer will try to sell it to you for $800 but you should be able to get it for around cost which is closer to $400. Well worth the $5-6 a month if you roll it into your loan.

On my previous Cayman S, I some how acquired a 3 inch bolt into the sidewall while driving on the interstate a week after I took delivery. It ruined the tire and rim, but because I had this coverage a new Classic Carrera rim and tire arrived a day later at the dealer with no hassles and zero involvement with my insurance company. Saved me around $1200 in the first week of ownership!

This coverage is also transferable with the vehicle if you trade or sell in the future. 36 months is the normal length of the policy, you can buy longer coverage if you desire. In my opinion, it's a smarter purchase than spending $800-1200 on a clear bra. Quality wax and a $12 roll of Road Wrap takes care of the bugs and rock chips if I go on a trip. Good luck with your new Z!

Last edited by Portlander; 03-21-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Typo
Portlander is offline   Reply With Quote