View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Location/Event: 20-March @ Firebird International Raceway - West Track... NASA AZ event... ~75F... "Big Bore" Time Trial / Race group
Recent mods: Full cage and a/c delete
Wheels & Tires: Forgestars + Hoosier R6
Sponsors: Lou Fusz Nissan, Redline Motorsports, Forged Performance

I am gaining time at this track. Previously, my best time was just under 1:08. Last week I ran in high 1:04s. Yesterday I ran in the low 1:04s. The fastest times were in the morning sessions and unfortunately I didn't get very many 'clean' laps. I think I could have been in the 1:03s with an ideal lap.

I was third among 6-7 for my group, behind Tage Evanson (Honda) at 0:59.5 and also the NASA chief driving instructor (Corvette) at 1:03.5. I have some plans to help close some of the gap but I think Tage's new course record will stand for a long time to come! It is a full 2 secs faster than his old course record, and faster than any of the classes above "TTS".

Mechanical issues: you will see fuel starvation kick in at 1:40 ish of video... also brake temps continue to be an issue, according to the new temp paint I'm using temps were over 560C... no ABS 'ice mode' fortunately... Hoosiers definitely prefer to be run at 38-40 hot - I tried lower pressures and that didn't work out... SRM was inop for this event, I think it would have saved time so need to get that fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6xUScJLEI
VIDEO NOTE: wasn't able to get traqmate working properly yesterday, so vid only no traqmate overlay
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*

Last edited by travisjb; 03-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote