View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
cotizi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 VW GTI 6MT
cotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crankshaft Pulley install question

So I am trying to get the crank bolt off to finally install my lightweight pulley, and I noticed the directions mentioned nothing about the starter, it just mentions to put the car in 6th and set the e-brake before you try and loosen the bolt. Consequently I can't get the bastard off. When I try and loosen the bolt, the pulley is moving with the bolt about 15-20 degrees, and then i just don't have the muscle to go farther.

In theory, if the car is in gear, jacked up , back wheels are on the ground and the brake is on, it has to either eventually come loose or the car will move... right?

Any input from the guys who have done this already? I'm gonna get a friend to help me tomorrow, maybe my leverage on the bolt is just terrible where I'm laying.