View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton View Post
I have less than 500 miles on my Z, when should I make the first Oil Change, and what oil do you prefer...... I have always used Mobil 1 Syn... also does the syn effect the oil temp. issues ?
This is my second Z car that I have bought new. Both times I had the oil changed at ~1200 miles. I went with just the regular oil at the dealership for the first few oil changes. That's all just a personal preference.

The synthetic oil seems to make a difference when running the engine hard. Example: a quick run on the highway through 3rd & 4th gear the oil temp would spike up 10 to 20 degrees (from what I remember) with the regular oil. This wouldn't happen so much with the synthetic oil, definitely more stable oil temps. From what I noticed it takes more prolonged runs to get the oil temp to rise significantly.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote