Thread: Ford Taurus SHO
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
You missed the point that the car put on 1000 lbs of bloat (previous platform was 3,329 lb). Imagine what this car could be like if it were 1000 lbs lighter?

Weighing in at 4400 lbs, it might go okay in a straight line given the amount of horsepower but it isn't going to go around corners like an Infiniti G35/37.
Yea my point was that the car is a whale. (don't get me wrong, i love audis BUT) its like the Audi S5 v8 (3900lbs 354 bhp) in the respect that, yea its got a pretty good amount of power but the thing weighs so much that a car that isn't bloated can out perform it with less power. Power to weight is a big factor in performance. same goes for fuel consumption. All i'm saying is they didn't need to design a new engine. They could have made their car a couple hundred pounds lighter.

Keep in mind, this thing with four adults (150lbs each x 4 for example) weighs about 5000 pounds. This eco boost engine is like someone taking HydroxiCut and eating a whole pizza. Just skip the pizza and you don't need the hydroxicut.

I guarantee you the R&D that went into this engine was more costly than figuring out how to make the car weigh less than the moon.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote