Thread: Tire Problem
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
My tire pressure light went on today. I checked the tires and passenger rear one is all the way down to 25 lbs. I have 720 miles on the car in 3 months. Do I see the Nissan service department about this for possible warranty coverage if the tire is defective or am I to contact the tire manufacturer directly?
Dude....everyday driving on roads with their cracks, rills, potholes and debris are going to cause the tire to momentarily deform on the rim which causes air loss. Its part of natural physics for tires to loose air. Over time it adds up to a threshold of pressure loss which will trip the low-pressue indicator.

Tire pressure should be checked every week....its a best practice that most folks are too lazy to do...
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote