View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Intake and exhaust will help smooth things out. The engine is a lot smoother without restricted breathing... its a big difference!

I agree that the car doesn't feel fast. Power delivery is, well, unexciting to say the least. You just have to trust that its going much quicker than you think it is.
Case in point: I'm driving on the Merritt Pkwy in CT the other day, there is a stretch between Westport and Norwalk where there are no exits for about 3 miles, and there are no other cars so I figure "what the hell, can't get much safer than this" so I turn on the radar detector and drop down a gear and floor it. In no time I'm going pretty fast, I figure maybe I'm getting close to 100...so I check the speedo and it's at 130. Holy schit.

Let's just say the power is very linear and that can fool you.