View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #179 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoZalsa View Post

However we don't know the rules of the contest except that they cannot use any electronic equipment to find their destination.
Rules
[edit] Objective

Each day of competition contained three distinct stages - Leg 1, Heads-Up Challenge, Leg 2.

Each team begins the day by choosing whether to follow "My Way" or "The Highway" (both of these terms explained below under "Routes"). In the first leg, the teams must reach a checkpoint in the fastest time. However, if a team is caught speeding, that team receives a five minute penalty.

After all the teams complete the first leg of the race, the teams with the fastest times choose a lower pair of teams to compete heads-up in a challenge, in which the winning team will gain the faster time of the first leg between the two.

Finally, the teams compete in a way similar to the first leg, but a time bonus may be added midway on the routes, depending on the length of the second leg.

After all the teams complete leg two, the times for both legs (including time bonuses and speeding penalties) are combined. The team with the longest time to complete both legs is then returned the keys to their vehicle, in which they must immediately leave.
[edit] Routes

Before races begin, the teams have two options on how to get to their destination: "My Way" or "The Highway". "The Highway" is the route the producers of the show have chosen for the day's race. It is generally easier, but may take longer to complete. The second option is "My Way". The only rule of these two options is that once a team chooses "My Way or The Highway", it must stick to it until the end of the second leg of the day.

Example: If a team chooses "The Highway" for leg 1, they would have to select "The Highway" for leg 2 as well. Those that choose "My Way" must avoid "The Highway" route.

On Days 5 and 6, all routes were "My Way" due to short legs.
[edit] Other Rules

1. No GPS or Satellite Navigation systems can be used.
2. No cell phones.
3. No laptop computers.
4. No radio or CD player.
5. Speeding will lead to severe penalties, such as a time penalty. An arrest will lead to immediate disqualification.
6. At the start of each day, cars may only leave when instructed to do so.
7. Cars must start and finish each day under their own power, or the power of their drivers.
8. Cars finishing outside the maximum time allowed for each leg will get picked up by the ‘reaper’ and towed – leading to disqualification.
9. No ditching the chase vehicles.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote