View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrmstr View Post
Also, from previous posts, someone had stated that the ABS fuse a a 3 in 1, which also included VVEL, so you would need to cut just the ABS piece so the other two stayed intact....but I'm not sure.
That is correct. Ordering a spare might be a good idea.

Quote:
If there is another device (fuse/sensor) that can effectively do the same thing, that would be useful!
Removing a wheel speed sensor should do the trick.

Quote:
I only autox my Z twice last year and did not encounter this issue...but the car will be HEAVILY autoxed this season on R compounds so this is of particular interest.
It depends on the smoothness of the track. On a really smooth surface you usually don't run into it, but the old airport we run on has big cracks, off camber surfaces, dips and crests. If you co-drive the car you might encounter pad-fade with the stock pads if the course is brake heavy, higher temp pads such as the Carbotech ones would be a requirement.

Quote:
Additionally, as a left foot brake fan for autox, I am trying to solve the cut off of power when dragging the brake....hoping the ABS disable would solve both
That's a good question. I don't think it will as it doesn't have anything to do with ABS. You will most likely have to disconnect the brake pedal switch (which will take out your brake lights as well).