View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
Roo
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z with nav
Roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCuomo View Post
Most of us don't have the noise issue - my guess is that Nissan knows it's a real problem and is working to fix it. They just don't have a fix yet and probably don't want a public relations issue like Toyota is having right now, so they just bought yours back (which is what they should do).
What they should have done is swap out the car when I brought it to their attention just days after I bought the car. Not 9 months later.

Quote:
Huh? They have a fix for it - the TSB has even been posted on this site. I went to a local dealer a few weeks ago and they ordered the replacement springs and installed them.
Last time I took my car is was around December/January and at that time they had no fix and wouldn't fix it. Once I no longer had to take my car in and was told the case was filed I stopped trying.

Quote:
Yep, you were definitely not treated right. And your wife should have told that dealership to shove it where the sun don't shine. But the examples you gave were of independently owned Nissan dealerships being stupid - not Nissan Corporation. Do you really think that there are no Ford (or Dodge, or Chevy, or ...) dealerships that mistreat their customers? C'mon, be realistic...
These are my local dealerships, these are the people I would have to deal with to not only purchase next vehicle but throughout the ownership. Now why would I want to volunteer to spend more time with these people?

And yes this does fall on corporate. I spoke to corporate many times about trying to help me out by either swapping the car or just giving me a rental until they fixed the issue. They wouldn't do either and kept telling I had to go through my dealer that wanted nothing to do with me.