View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Roo
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z with nav
Roo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
I'll expand on my previous point.

Subaru initially gave customers a lot of issues on 08-09 WRX/STi motors. The 3rd or 4th piston was giving out and completely losing pressure. They refused to take back many cars even after replacing the engine 2 or 3 times.

When the Evo X came out there was an ECU problem (I think it was ECU?) that was causing engines to go. Same thing. Took them quite a bit to acknowledge the problem and I don't think they offered buybacks either.

GM has had multiple issues with the tranny in the Camaro -- and they've refused to do much about it other than say it is an issue and that it only happens with "high performance" driving anyway -- so why fix it?

Not to mention idling issues in the CTS.

Let's not forget Toyota -- I really don't even have to say anything here.

I know there are a lot of manufacturers that I missed but I guarantee major problems exist with them somewhere. It isn't that they are bad or anything, either. It's just that cars today are mass produced on a budget and something has to give somewhere. Even a Ferrari has mechanical and electrical issues -- in fact they are some of the worst for it.

Sometimes you run into a lemon. Other times you run into gold. It's really just what card you draw. It sucks you got a bad one, but really **** can happen everywhere.

Nissan has issues -- the Z isn't perfect. A bunch of posts here confirm that and I think there are very few true fanboys here, so I wouldn't call people blind or afraid to stop loving the car or whatever. We're just realistic, for the most part. That and we enjoy the car (usually).
I understand cars have issues. I am done with Nissan because not only how corporate handled it but how every dealership around me treated me when I brought it in. Nissan knew there was a problem when I brought my car in with ~100 miles, they knew at that time there wasn't a fix. They should have just swapped out the car, but instead I was told to 'turn the radio up'. As soon as I contacted my dealer about the issue they were also of no help and would do nothing to help me.

Every company has problems, it's about how you resolve that problem with the customer. And in my case Nissan wouldn't do anything to resolve my issue.