View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
nuTinmuch
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PG 7AT 370Z
nuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch

I'll expand on my previous point.

Subaru initially gave customers a lot of issues on 08-09 WRX/STi motors. The 3rd or 4th piston was giving out and completely losing pressure. They refused to take back many cars even after replacing the engine 2 or 3 times.

When the Evo X came out there was an ECU problem (I think it was ECU?) that was causing engines to go. Same thing. Took them quite a bit to acknowledge the problem and I don't think they offered buybacks either.

GM has had multiple issues with the tranny in the Camaro -- and they've refused to do much about it other than say it is an issue and that it only happens with "high performance" driving anyway -- so why fix it?

Not to mention idling issues in the CTS.

Let's not forget Toyota -- I really don't even have to say anything here.

I know there are a lot of manufacturers that I missed but I guarantee major problems exist with them somewhere. It isn't that they are bad or anything, either. It's just that cars today are mass produced on a budget and something has to give somewhere. Even a Ferrari has mechanical and electrical issues -- in fact they are some of the worst for it.

Sometimes you run into a lemon. Other times you run into gold. It's really just what card you draw. It sucks you got a bad one, but really **** can happen everywhere.

Nissan has issues -- the Z isn't perfect. A bunch of posts here confirm that and I think there are very few true fanboys here, so I wouldn't call people blind or afraid to stop loving the car or whatever. We're just realistic, for the most part. That and we enjoy the car (usually).

edit:

Quote:
All this happened at 3 local dealers, so please tell me WHY I should buy another Nissan?
In my years and my parent's years -- and friends, for that matter -- there is only one dealership I would even go to at all, period. Dealerships are dealerships for the most part.

edit2:

tl;dr -- buy what car makes you happy, regardless of what "issues" you see on the community forums or whatever. unless there is a huge recall or a glaring problem or something, but even those are fixed in time.

Last edited by nuTinmuch; 03-17-2010 at 02:47 PM.