View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Zolfix
Base Member

Drives: '10 370z 6MT
Zolfix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by z370z View Post
Dealer possibly crashed my car!!

Just wondering if the 370 you are referring to was black?

IMO if you are going to spend this much money on a new car, get exactly what YOU want. Don't settle for little bargain up front, in the future you'll be happier knowing you don't have to worry about anything.
It quite possibly is that car!

There certainly was not $10k in damage though. (EDIT: Actually, if two wheels and tires are included it might be closer to that). The exact bill was $4600 (this is dealer COST; retail cost was 6600 + wheels/tires). I got all the pictures and the bill from the dealer and took them to a body shop nearby. I know the guys in that shop for a while now and trust them. They said that there was basically not even any point of them inspecting it because the damages were very minor and there was no way anything serious like the frame or the tranny was damaged from that. They said that they most likely would not even be able to tell it was in an accident. They recommended I get wheel alignment done to make sure there isn't anything wrong and if that checks out I should go for it.

I asked the dealer about frame alignment and they said it was checked and it is perfect. AFAIK they would be in deep ish if that is a lie. They are ok with me taking it wherever I want to confirm whatever I want.

After getting that opinion from the body shop guys I will probably go for the car, but ask for $1.5k more discount and a new set of OEM wheels/tires. I will get them to put in writing that if any issues occur as a result of that accident, they will fix it.

In my mind there is no sense paying 3k-4k more if the car is good as new.

Last edited by Zolfix; 03-17-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Zolfix is offline   Reply With Quote