View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:40 AM   #168 (permalink)
Gaiiden
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6sp
Gaiiden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Gaiiden Send a message via AIM to Gaiiden Send a message via MSN to Gaiiden Send a message via Yahoo to Gaiiden Send a message via Skype™ to Gaiiden
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv'n my Z View Post
Drew what was your top speed in the rally last year?
Uhm, not exactly sure. However there were stretches where we were going flat out ~120mph on the freeway for a few miles at a time when we could see far enough ahead of us and there wasn't much traffic in the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownR426 View Post
We need to get a 370z on that show.
I seriously considered entering, but never got around to it, and despite what I tell myself, I'm too attached to my car's pristine condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothZ View Post
It's $20k to get on the show, IIRC. Plus you have to take time off from work, pay for your own hotels and meals, etc. Not for the faint hearted or broke *** enthusiast.
Not quite true - the $20k is the buy-in amount per-car for the 7-day rally, not the reality show (it's okay, people confuse the two all the time). While it's true you need to get yourself to the reality show starting line and home once you're kicked off, when you're actually shooting you get per-diem and are provided hotels, meals. There's no entry fee for the reality show. The main thing is taking the time to do this - could be a month of shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothZ View Post
I'd be more pissed about having to clean all the leftovers out of my car.

I think the fence was stupid. Seriously.... why a fence? Why not a wall of lawyers?
It's made very clear to all contestants that they should be willing to sacrifice their car's good looks if they want to compete in this race. You obviously wouldn't be a good contestant :P Neither would I. Fun to watch tho!

Anyways, regarding this last episode - I loved how Goldberg ripped all the teams a new one cause Wu pulled one over them all again. Awesome! Go Team Wu! Those guys are hilariously mischievous in the real rally too.
Gaiiden is offline   Reply With Quote