View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
zsport1
Base Member

Drives: 300
zsport1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMIA View Post
Seriously, I don't see how anyone would buy a track Genesis at that price if they want added performance... For that you might as well get the Z.

I also agree with the Mustang. I have a girl cousin that has a current generation Mustang GT that she claims is pushing almost 400 HP with the mods that she's installed on it (I doubt it). Cold Air Intake and a really nice looking exhaust, all tuned. The car sounds dope fresh. She's also got some aftermarket rims and racing slicks.

That being said, I haven't told her anything because it's a very nice car, but it's a boat on wheels. Heavy car with a big compensating motor with shot gas mileage. It doesn't make sense to me. Americans need to let go of the past. Camaro, Challenger, Mustang... let it go. Bring it to the future. The formula for the 70s doesn't work anymore.

Sorry for that little rant.
Ya, a couple of weeks ago I was in Cali and rented a 2008 Mustang V6. That was the first time I drove one and was excited because I always thought the retro design was cool. To say I was dissapointed was a huge understatement. For a V6 there seemed to be decent power but the car was a boat. The build quality was just not there. Cheap plastic everywhere inside the interior and lots of road noise from the tires. Heck, my daily driver work truck 2000 Ford Ranger handles better and it has a 3" lift on it. And less road noise. I rent quite a few cars thru out the year when I travel and over the last 7 years that has been the most dissapointing car I have driven.
zsport1 is offline   Reply With Quote