Thread: HFC install
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
abakja1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: STI, MDX, Titan
abakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny,..the bolt that rounded on me is only the top one in your pics,..but on the driver side..

The rest I got off easier cause I had access to it underneath. The problem with the top bolt is that your socket doesnt fit over it perfectly on the driver side since its down at an angle... I did use a lot of PB blast and even let it soak overnight before spraying again the next day when I tried to do the install. Let me know if you are going to tackle this again and I can try to help to get the top bolt off if you use the 2 person method. That is, one to hold the extentions in place and the other to torque it off using a long breaker bar/hydraulic jack handle...
abakja1 is offline   Reply With Quote