View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: GP Z Base+Sport (6m)
355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_zhp View Post
Honestly it does not matter if the 09 Cayman S beats the Z. Some examples are more than 2X the price of a new Z. Ask klubbheads, I am the biggest advocate for the new Caymans. You honestly have to drive one to experience how a sports car should be built. It is truly that good. If I could afford one right now I would buy it in a heartbeat. I would take it over a Z06 or a 911 S.

The Z is an exceptional performer and given a slightly better driver in the Z I would bet that it would outperform the Cayman, 911, or most other earthly sports cars. I cant tell you how many driver I have seen in 500 + HP cars get their asses handed to them by 200 HP Boxsters and S2000's.

So for the price it commands I would sure as hell expect the Cayman to outperform the Z. But the Z is a damn good car. Best bang for your buck out there. Even better than a Z06? I think so.

I think today car buying is an experience that continues throughout your ownership. I found that it is highly emotional. I have owned a number of sports cars and I found that I like Porsches the best.

I have to agree......Porsche is an amazing machine. But I feel secure in knowing that while under the same breath the Z is talked about in the same circles as Porsche....this is Fantastic for the 370. I like playing in this sandbox.

A Sports car is not always about off the line 0-60 - 1/4 mile times, heck if you really wanted that straight line rush then you should be looking in the Dodge, Pontiac Showrooms.

The Z is a about driver experience, control, cornering, tight/taught machine, with a little bit of power to kick your pants. Thanks NISSAN. I'm enjoy the ride!
355890 is offline   Reply With Quote