View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #39 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Had forgotten about the C&D incident until you mentioned it... you must be right - ABS icing.

If there had been a wall nearby yesterday my car would have been toast. If I remember correctly, the car resisted my steering inputs when it went into icing mode, which made the whole process tremendously difficult and frankly dangerous. I wonder if Nissan intended for the car to stop responding to driver steering inputs in this mode? If they did so deliberately, I think they have a serious liability that will eventually catch up with them and unfortunately some poor driver(s).

Re threshold braking, it is only a solution for a select few drivers. I've driven karts and formula cars like this but for a TT car that I'm pushing to the absolute limit, I like the idea of having ABS to fall back upon. I'd much prefer a real fix to this issue vs disabling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
This is probably why C&D introduced their Nismo to a concrete wall...

I have a fully stock suspension and have upgraded my brakes with Motul RBF600 fluid and Carbotech XP10/8 pads. I'll be at Gingerman in three weeks and will report back if I get ice'd. Haven't had it happen before though, even on a wet track with stock pads and fluid (not that pads and fluid really have anything to do with it).

Personally, I'd be happy to kill my ABS and threshold brake. I find it very intuitive and would be a nice flashback to driving my landrover defender in the snow.
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote