View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed-er View Post
One thing I can say without hesitation, I WILL NOT BE PAYING ANY "MARKET ADJUSTMENT" PRICES for the 370Z. I hope all you dealers are listening.

When the 350Z came out, there hadn't been a Z in almost a decade, so there was pent up demand for the dealers to exploit.

This time around, the dealers don't have that crutch to use against us. Given Renault/Nissan's need for cash, I doubt 370Z production will be artificially tightened just for the sake of increasing demand. I could be wrong, but I rarely am. ;-)

The manufacturer has calculated a fair profit into MSRP. I'm not opposed to a fair profit for the dealer. But "market adjustment" prices are an insult to my intelligence and I will not pay them.

BC
Absolutely! Paying market adjustment or "special' mark up by the dealers will have a big affect on 370Z buyers. I have seen marked adjustment of up to 20K dollars on GTRs and to me that's a lot.

I should also mention that with our current economy, slow auto sales and Nissan's low sales chart (-30% i believe), I don't think they'll do anything crazy with the 370Z.

I think during the first two year it'll be a little hard to haggle with the dealers since it's new and everyone wants one. But once it's a year or two old, then price will come down and people will be able to own it below invoice prices.

People are saying it'll start somewhere around 29,500 for the base model and go up as you go up on trims. I am nervously waiting for the price release from Nissan. I should also mention that GM just announced that the new V6 camaro with 300 HP is going to start @ 23, xxx MSRP. Nissan should look into that as well.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote