View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another idea... softer anti-sway bars! Very stiff anti-sway bars are going to cause the inside wheel to lift and 'overspin'. When this happens on the rear axle WHILE BRAKING, that's precisely when our problem seems to occur. Compounded by the fact that the rear end is light... Inside rear corner picks up, inside wheel spins faster than outside, ABS reacts to the extreme wheel speed difference by assuming the car is spinning on ice and it uses a VERY AGGRESSIVE slow speed ABS that is locked in until the car reaches nearly a complete stop.

So now I'm contemplating using the softest setting on the rear sway. It will cause more understeer, which I will have to manage some other way. Like perhaps with a square tire setup (275 widths all the way around).

Just a working theory.

I'm very curious to know if anyone has had this problem with the stock sway bars. I'll have to go back and check notes from early last year before I got my sways.
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote