View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
rednek01
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mustang GT
rednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Now is it 10 people out of lets say 10,000 people? Could this be a loose connection or improper install? If that's the problem, it seems like they need to make some special air filters for "turbo" engines. All my cars had Naturally-aspirated engine and I was always very happy with their performance. They sell millions of air filters all over the world. I have personally never had any problem with their filter in my previous cars.

Not really, for me. I have tried many different filters and I really like K&N stuff. I have checked my throttle body in my previous cars and it was absolutely clean. My

If you look and read carefully at my post you would see I said this was the results of putting it on a F.I. engine which is sucking in a lot more air at a lot higher pressure. Yes these installs were done correctly. I have seen 3 or 4 of these trucks in person with dust and dirt in their intake tubes where we have reinstalled them (including "re-charging" them and such) and double checked.

Again this filter may be substantial for a N/A car but if its not filtering good for a F.I. car why run the risk on a N/A car. I only provided one link because first I don't want to get in trouble for linking to another forum and secondly because I have to get work done here at work and cant spend all day finding the threads in a forum that has over 80,000 of them! I said I can show at least 10 because I have read at least 10 threads that I know of but no I have not documented every time I have seen poor results from K&N filters.

I am only trying to pass on what I have seen in person more times than I think is just a fluke or improper install. Use them if you are happy with them and like like them if you have or plan to go F.I. I would be even more weary. If you want more proof I will post a thread asking for people who have had problems to chime in with pictures and all.
rednek01 is offline   Reply With Quote