Thread: Oil Temp Survey
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
PJRabbit
Base Member

Drives: 2010 NISMO 370z
PJRabbit is on a distinguished road
Default E-Mail I sent to Nissan North America

I sent this e-mail today. We will see what happens

To whom it may concern,

I own a 2010 NISMO 370z, and have noticed the oil temperature constantly running 200+ in this car, and climbing to 220 regularly. I generally warm the car up in my driveway for at least 10 minutes before driving it in order to take it easy on a new engine. I don't race the car and drive it at safe speeds, mostly on the interstate. I generally drive about 90 miles a day. The car is about to hit 2000 miles on the odometer.

I am a member of several 370z forums and "oil overheating" is a constant thread amongst all the forums I participate in. My main worry is that in the summer months, when the ambient temperature starts to get into the 90s and I end up stuck in traffic my car may overheat completely.

Is Nissan planning to address the issue of oil overheats in the 370Z automobiles? Judging by what I've been reading on several forums, this issue was identified in the 2009 370z models as well.

If I don't see some sort of resolution on this, I will likely trade in my car for the Mazda Speed6 or a Mistubishi Lancer-- both cars I like. In fact, had I known this is an unresolved issue that's been going on for a long while I wouldn't have bought the car in the first place. Nobody at the dealer even mentioned it when I bought my 370z. I wonder why?

Respectfully,