View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
enenen
Base Member

Drives: 06 Nissan Frontier
enenen is on a distinguished road

I have taken the MSF course already and have my license. The class was my first and really only riding experience. It went very well though. Not to toot my own horn, but I was pretty much the best rider in the class, and just about everybody else had many years of experience, and were just riding on their temps for years. The instructors asked how long I had been riding, and didn't believe me when I told them it was my first time. Granted, that's a lot different than riding on public roads, but I feel like I have the skill set. I am young and athletic with good vision and reflexes, and am good at anticipating other drivers' moves. Again, I know it's different than a car, but I don't think I'll have too much of a problem.

The bike wouldn't exactly be a beater, although not being fully faired, not as big a deal if I/when I drop it. SV650s are relatively cheap, and supposed to be pretty good for beginners. Maybe not as good as a Ninja 250 or something, but I pretty much refuse to ride one of those.
enenen is offline   Reply With Quote