View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #118 (permalink)
jyhighsky
Base Member

Drives: Honda
jyhighsky is on a distinguished road

Everyone has a great POV on this topic. But going N/A and trying to obtain 400 HP to the crank. I will doubt it. I don't want to go and say it's impossible for I have no proof of whether it is or not. A car that puts out 332HP and your trying to go for a good 400HP, that's only a 68 HP increase. But now, when your on a dyno, let's say you have 282.2 HP to the wheels, that's exactly -15% loss. Your trying to gain, 400 RWHP? That is another 117.8 RWHP. Practically adding a RSX base model engine without, an engine. If your talking about CRANK, you would need to hit 340 RWHP, [going with the -15%]. That still means that you need to gain 57.8 RWHP. 57.8 RWHP doesn't seem like much of a gain. But believe me when I say this, an INTAKE system will NOT give you any RWHP gain. In fact, the stock intake system will give you the best gains. Headers, Full Exhaust, and tweaking with the compression ratios [which i believe will only allow you to run gears quicker or longer], and other bolt on parts. It's hard to say you will reach that high.

BUT here's the thing. Going TT is a beautiful thing for these Z's. First of all, dealing with the compression ratio's with these cars. They have plenty of space for the cams to intake those beautiful cold air to push it higher.

BTW, this is my opinion. If you disagree or hate me, fine. Cause my mom still loves me.. hahahahaha :P
jyhighsky is offline   Reply With Quote