View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Canada you say? Or is it Nazi Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverZ34 View Post
I'm not sure if this is okay to discuss about this kind of issue on this forum.
Last night, I was parked infront of my friend's apartment where it's only 200m away from my house.
A police officer approached and asked me for my driver's license and insurance. I recently renewed my insurance and I couldn't remember where I've put it because i was panicking.
He asked me to blow into the breathalyzer, I informed him that I have medical conditions and also I'm a heavy chain smoker. He almost forced me to do the test over and over again and it kept on saying error. I ended up getting handcuffed and thrown into the cop car infront of the girl who I was asking out about 5 minutes before the incident. (how embarrassing is that?)
at the university RCMP station, I was asked to do the breathalyzer test over and over, the machine was unable give right number.
then NOW i got charged with "fail to provide sample" under section 254 act 5.
cops asked me to sign on "PROMISE TO APPEAR" paper and other tickets, however I refused to do so, telling them "I don't sign on something that don't admit or I don't agree". They lied to me, saying "you'll be imprisoned until the court date if you don't sign the papers". I did not sign, they just let me go with 2 tickets on "parking in no parking zone" and "fail to produce insurance" and unsigned "promise to appear" paper.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:
1. can I get charged with DUI if I wasn't even driving?
2. do I even have to bother showing up the court if I didn't even sign?
3. is there a way to sue to police officer refusing to conduct different test methods such as balance test, blood sample test and others (methods listed on ICBC website).
4. is there a way to get my money back on towing/impound as well as loss from not being able to drive for a day(even though I don't need my car to go to school and so on, I want to give cops the best I got.)

Thanks for reading such a long thread.