View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
welderz
Base Member

Drives: POS beater car
welderz is on a distinguished road

I apologize for my earlier hateful post. I was out of line and I shouldn't have said that. What I mean by the dyno not being correct is that mustang dynos allow for correction factors and that can lead to inflated horsepower numbers. Dynojets are the standard for comparing hp because they do not allow for a correction factor. That leads me to doubt the 90hp gain on the mustang dyno when no one else has gotten gains close to those numbers. The VQ37VHR already produces almost 90hp per liter. That's a higher output than most motors. That leaves not as much horsepower to be gained N/A. Without VVEL tuning the VQ37VHR there is probably only going to be 40hp to 50hp gains. We all know that the stock exhaust on the 370z is very restrictive and there's a lot of horsepower that can be gained with boltons. This differentiates it from other VQ's but without the advantage of VVEL it's still the same engine layout as the 350z there's not much difference. I just don't think anywhere near 90 horsepower without extensive modification. No one knows how much horsepower can be made once VVEL is cracked. That's the biggest if and there's no point arguing about it because no one knows. I'm guessing 320rwhp with boltons without vvel tuning and 340rwhp with VVEL tuning. Those are my predictions on a dynojet starting at 280rwhp.

In the end final horsepower numbers mean nothing it's the horsepower over stock. Every dyno is different and some read higher than others and some are more accurate. Correction factors can cause a lot of arguements and I don't want to debate them I've already sated my point of view.

Last edited by welderz; 03-16-2009 at 03:39 PM.
welderz is offline   Reply With Quote