View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #3223 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZforMe View Post
Tony,

Question about customizing the FI exhaust and cost. I already have Berk HFC's, I'm interested in the FI exhaust s/s with 18" resonators. I'm curiuos as to whether you could add 12" resonators to the pipes between the hfc's and the x pipe (bottom of picture below). Do you think this would help cut down on rasp form hfc's? How much additional cost would this add?

Thanks,
I can tell you right now that 5 minutes ago Triple's just left my shop with Berk HFC's, and my cat back with 18" resonators W/stainless steel mufflers. I can tell you this, he has ZERO rasp and it is very DEEP and SMOOTH.

To answer your question though, there is not enough clearance between the floor board and the tubing to fit a 12" resonator in there. The resonator is 4 inches around. The tubing is 2.5". Not to mention you would sacrifice ground clearance as well.

If and when you are ready, just let me know...

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"