View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

I ride a bike, a Ninja. Most of my friends, own SV650S, as well as some other bikes, but it just so happen that a lot of them own SV650s'.

They are two completely different things and no one can advise you on which one to get. I will say, however, that you don't need to get a new bike (and I guess, you're not getting a new one for $5k anyways). You can pick up a very nice used bike for 2-4k, and maybe still be able to get a car.

Two things. If this is your first bike. DO NOT BUY A NEW BIKE AS YOUR FIRST BIKE. Lots of reasons, including the fact that you will almost undoubtedly go down at some point, probably earlier than latter, (I'm not trying to sound like one of those kill-stories guys), but everyone goes down eventually, or at least drops the bike in the parking lot at 5mph. Point is, it's going to hurt you soooo much more if the bike you drop is new.

Second, you definitely dont want to buy these two things at the same time. When i got my first bike, I put 1k miles on it, in like 3-4 wks, and that's without using it to go anywhere, that was just riding around. I also put 1500 miles on my Z in a month after picking it up, but that's because i drive a lot for work, and I was really trying to break it in. Point is you'll want to enjoy whichever toy you get, and it's gonna be really hard to pick one over the other.

Tough decision you've got there. I will say though, that Spring is coming, and it's of course, bike weather.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote