View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
rednek01
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mustang GT
rednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say this guys but I wouldn't put a K&N filter on my lawn mower....

Now that I have your attention I will explain why, My last vehicle was a 2004 F-250 power stroke diesel 4x4 lariat crew cab. I had exhaust and a programmer and an AFI intake this was a 6.0 (the one that gets the bad wrap for reasons which do not relate to this post). Ok now my truck dyno'ed after being custom tuned at 450 horsepower and 670 lbs. ft. I never went to the track but my friend with the same truck and tunes ran low 13's pretty crazy for an 8,000lb truck but do some research you will see I am not lying these trucks can cut 1.8 60 foot times easy we simply put it in 4wd HI and brake boost to about 20 pounds of boost and I can out launch anything on the streets (my truck maxed its boost out at about 36 pounds)

Now that you have the history of my truck here is the deal I am a member of a powerstroke forum and I can give you links to at least 10 people who have "dusted" their engine and turbo by using a K&N filter. Dusted means dirt and particles got past the so called "filter" and sand blasted the turbo and engine. I can also give you several pictures if y'all want

I realize this is on a FI application so it is pulling in a ton more air, but it still leads to the point that K&N filters dont filter the air near as good as they claim. I just want to inform people of this because I would hate to see more people getting "dusted"
rednek01 is offline   Reply With Quote