View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #53 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I think you're misunderstanding his post. He is saying that since his 03 Z hit 500 miles on the odo, he used synthetic oil. (NOT oil change every 500/miles.)

If anyone is running synthetic, there's no reason to change it before 4 to 5K miles (unless you do some SERIOUS tracking)

I know 4K-5K for oil changes should be fine, but I grew up changing the oil every 3K miles and I just cannot go that long. I use Mobil 1 and the car is a daily driver, but I do drive aggressive when I get the chance. No matter, once I see that odometer go past 3K miles it bugs me until I change the oil. can't help it, so I just change the oil every 3K miles, even if it is a waste of money.