View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #41 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Many dealerships will not install aftermarket, non-nismo parts on our car. Talk to your dealership's service techs, the actual guys that would be working on the car, and see what they say. Just ask general questions, not specific install-specific questions. You don't want to raise a red flag.

For instance, if my dealership was asked to install a CAI on my car, they'd refuse and then absolutely everything that went wrong on the car would be blamed on the intake.

Best bet is to find a trusted mechanic nearby. Good luck!
Don't talk to the mechs, talk to the Service Manager, or if you can, the owner.

My dealership is installing my catback on Monday morning. Not only were the Service Manager and owner excited, they were asking for before and after dyno numbers.