View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Z-WHIZ
Base Member

Drives: 370 Base
Z-WHIZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Don't try to fight the endless battle you can't win with this car and its paint---especially if black. My advice is go to the body shop, have them correct the chips as best as they can and spring for the clear bra. I got mine before I put my car on the road and I've relaxed and enjoyed the Z ever since. It's just part of the cost of ownership with this car. Someday you may hear of a class action suit brought by Z owners over this soft paint problem. It does seem that paint which chips so quickly and so easily must be defective. This theory is something like the legal doctrine of res ipso loquitor in negligence cases (pardon the misspelling, as its been a lot of decades since my law school days), which says that the facts of the incident are simply so suggestive of negligence that Nissan has to disprove its liability. But for now at least, the above is my suggestion.
+1

I'm going to just try and touch mine up and the get the clear bra. But even then, I'm sure that there will be some nicks and scratches. Magnetic black is an unforgiving beast, lol.

Last edited by Z-WHIZ; 03-12-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Z-WHIZ is offline   Reply With Quote