View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

It definitely wasn't fuel starvation: I agree with ChrisSlicks - that's a very noticeable feeling when you get fuel cut off. Besides, the entire day I had between 100% and 40% fuel in the tank.

Don't get me wrong, the difference between VCD on and off is huge. My personal feeling is that the VCD is more intrusive than, say the 350's. With it off, I feel free to control the car 99.9% of the time. I only noticed the control kicking in on a very particular situation and I am only taking a guess at the cause.

By process of elimination, it definitely wasn't fuel starvation (pretty full tank the whole day). It wasn't some kind of engine malfunction because it consistently occurred on one spot of the track. It wasn't limp mode as I have an oil cooler and the temp never went above 200 degrees. If I backed off a bit on the speed straightening out of the turn, I had no issues, but every time I pushed a bit more, I would get an immediate power cut right where there's a slight unevenness on the track. But then again, it did not seem to occur anywhere else, so it's either a combination of uneven road surface and speed/lateral acceleration at that one spot, or some other unexplained phenomenon that causes a sudden but brief loss of power.

I suppose time will tell as more people who track their cars give feedback on the feel with VCD off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
ocfoilist, are you sure it was traction control and not the fuel cutting out?
It has been reported that people are having issues around certain turns with less than a full tank that they lose power because of fuel starvation. Fuel starvation, who else?