View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane D View Post
That is probably a lot more realistic, but geez!! They know how to make turbos, so why not throw it out as a $10,000.00 option and see who bites? Love to have 395hp and the ease/reliability of a factory warranty and service at just about any Nissan dealership!

If you really want to make noise against Porsches, as Nissan seems to love doing, the new Carrera S model 911's are now 285hp (with direct injection and revised motors). What if Nissan went 395hp for $40,000.00 on a base model?

Most people can't afford/get allocation for a GTR and look how many people here already talking about modding the 370Z? Nissan HAS to know that the aftermarket is going to come out with turbo/supercharger options this year. Why wouldn't they want a piece of that market?

Shane D
I agree but Nissan seems overly sensitive about pricing the Z out of range like they did with the 300ZX. I'd love a TT but I think they wik=ll go with the DCT because so many others are starting to in gradually lower price ranges.