View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
You wouldn't have necessarily known whether it interfered or not under those conditions. You're not going to notice a 15% throttle cut while spinning tires on a zero traction surface. It doesn't try to stop you from spinning 360, if that's what you want to do it will let you.

The system is also completely unaware of the placement of trees around you
Exactly. Zero traction surface. Since the wheels are spinning so freely and throttle is so responsive due to that factor it was very easy for me to detect any kind of a change in the drivetrain, engine, or ecu. I guess the bottom line is that the amount of interference is negligible if that, and that the VDC works and it works great. I personally never turn it off unless i encounter the aforementioned circumstances which is rare.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote