View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
interesting....i've done a few donuts on very very slick icy surfaces (private lot in Big Bear for you "public safety conscious" ppl) and while the slip indicator lit, i did not feel any intrusion whatsoever. I did this not to enjoy doing donuts on ice (it's no fun at all), but to test the VDC system and observe how it functions. When i tried doing the same donuts with the vdc on, the system would not let me slip at all. I was just driving slowly in a circle with my gas pedal down to the metal. I'm thinking if the car was to interfere even with the vdc off, my scenario would have definitely triggered the interference. My front wheels were pretty much stationary and rears spinning very fast at different speeds. In case you're wondering if I didn't notice the intrusion due to it being 10% or 15% or some small percentage of a normal interference, I can tell you that it did not interfere. If it did, it failed miserably by hypothetically letting me crash into a tree while my car was spinning for many minutes.
You wouldn't have necessarily known whether it interfered or not under those conditions. You're not going to notice a 15% throttle cut while spinning tires on a zero traction surface. It doesn't try to stop you from spinning 360, if that's what you want to do it will let you.

The system is also completely unaware of the placement of trees around you
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote