View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

interesting....i've done a few donuts on very very slick icy surfaces (private lot in Big Bear for you "public safety conscious" ppl) and while the slip indicator lit, i did not feel any intrusion whatsoever. I did this not to enjoy doing donuts on ice (it's no fun at all), but to test the VDC system and observe how it functions. When i tried doing the same donuts with the vdc on, the system would not let me slip at all. I was just driving slowly in a circle with my gas pedal down to the metal. I'm thinking if the car was to interfere even with the vdc off, my scenario would have definitely triggered the interference. My front wheels were pretty much stationary and rears spinning very fast at different speeds. In case you're wondering if I didn't notice the intrusion due to it being 10% or 15% or some small percentage of a normal interference, I can tell you that it did not interfere. If it did, it failed miserably by hypothetically letting me crash into a tree while my car was spinning for many minutes.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote