View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
On fitment, you could buy a M10x 1.25 thread in adapter from these guys: Ordering gearshift knobs - EPCO Manufacturing and just thread it into the wood. I bought an extra last time I got a knob from them. Only cost a few bucks. You'll have to call though as the 1.25 thread is not on their order list. That would give you OEM fitment on the shaft side.
Thanks so much for the link, that thread adapter solves my issue of fitment.

As far as woods are concerned i am thinking of maybe leopardwood, or birdseye maple for my grainy wood, some bubinga for an orangey color (i am going to have persimonn interior, and either black walnut or some wenge, or something ebonized so it is very black for my dark wood. I am most likely going to go with a vertical striped design and i want to inlay a piece on top with the shift pattern.

something like these(but with different woods and shape):

Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote