View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
DooDooBrown
Base Member

Drives: 09 370 Touring w/spt
DooDooBrown is on a distinguished road

Alright, HATE to burst everyone's bubble, but the car is somewhat worthless.....

It only carries 13 gallons of water, and a medium extinguisher..... Not quite what you want for a car fire.... Not to mention the capacity of the pump can't be more than 300 gpm... I highly doubt that the track has water main piping through out the course, meaning that there is no way to establish a water supply from a fire hydrant to the pump on the car. Even if there was, I see no place for hose lines, only the hose reel. Couple this with the fact that there is no place to store firefighting gear, and the car is not worth the money.... They would have been MUCH better off purchasing a fire engine for that price.... Sure, it may be slower, but with the little amount of water the GT-R carries, it would be worth it....

With that being said, they would have been much better off equipping the GT-R with extracation equipment (think Jaws, Spreaders, Rams, etc....). I am assuming that entrapment would be pretty common on this course, as the speeds are greater than your average road, and generally, you are much more likely to be entraped in a car than to be in a car that is on fire. Additionally, vehicle extracation can take upwards of 30+ minutes, so, why not get the faster unit cutting quicker until the slower, heavier hitting appartius arrive?
Just my two cents, but what do I know, I am just a dumb fireman!
DooDooBrown is offline   Reply With Quote