View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtaconZ View Post
Hey guys, I picked up my 370 just last week and it's awesome so far. But I decided to wash it for the first time today and to my surprise, I found several small chips on the car! There are about four small ones on the hood, a few around the fender area, and one on the bumper. Now mind you, I've only had the car for a little over a week and barely have 100 miles on it.

I know it wasn't like this before I bought it as I went over the car from head to toe before taking it off the lot. So my question is, is this covered under warranty? I'm hoping this isn't something I'm going to have to deal with for as long as I own it.

For what it's worth, it is magnetic black. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow if that helps.

-Chad
Don't try to fight the endless battle you can't win with this car and its paint---especially if black. My advice is go to the body shop, have them correct the chips as best as they can and spring for the clear bra. I got mine before I put my car on the road and I've relaxed and enjoyed the Z ever since. It's just part of the cost of ownership with this car. Someday you may hear of a class action suit brought by Z owners over this soft paint problem. It does seem that paint which chips so quickly and so easily must be defective. This theory is something like the legal doctrine of res ipso loquitor in negligence cases (pardon the misspelling, as its been a lot of decades since my law school days), which says that the facts of the incident are simply so suggestive of negligence that Nissan has to disprove its liability. But for now at least, the above is my suggestion.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote