View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remote Starts for MT question

I have read many stories of why you need to have a failsafe on a MT car to put a remote start in safely, and having the car owners learn this by starting their car and having it drive itself into a pole or something. I don't understand how the remote starters for manuals can cause the car to start moving once you start the car , with the clutch fully engaged without giving it any gas. If i get in a car with a MT, start it and then just let out the clutch, it will stall if its in gear. How do these remote starts manage to make the car start rolling with out any gas? shouldnt the car just stall?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote