Thread: Rattles?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
ZCarGo
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370 CY A7
ZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond reputeZCarGo has a reputation beyond repute

I havent gotten to the hatch rattle issue yet, but I was mounting a rearview camera and routing the cable. I was originally planning to link to the reverse lights and ended up taking out just about everything in the way of panels to get to the tail light (which also creaked a bit if pressed). They did a very good job of securing all the cabling wth the exception of one port on on the bumper side that should have had a grommet inserted. I taped everything up that looked like it may be a problem.

One trick on the tail light if you want to gain access. There is a cover plate on top that pops off and will expose two bolts 12mm. Inside under the light is a single post with a small nut that has to be removed. Once these are removed, you need to pull the tail light assembly straigt back to release the two remaining press fit securing posts. It was not clear that these two posts were press fit. After mucking around with trying to power the camera with the reverse lights, I gave up. The reverse light wire was definately the orange wire, but it didn't power the camera. I suspect it has something to do with the LEDs vs regular bulbs.

I ended up running the power cable up front to the 12V adapter plug under the glove compartment. When routing the wire, it went past the audio equipment (mounted just in front of the tire compartment and behind the aluminum support bar) and came thorugh the center consol. Removing two screws on the center consol provided enough room to fish the wire through. This area also looked like it has potential for creating rattles. The wires were kind of flopping around, so I pulled them tight and taped them up.

I wish I took pictures of all this, but I was working till 2am and just wasn't in the mood, especially after my eye took a chunk of sanding disk from the dremel while I was cutting the camera bracked down to size.

-ZCarGo-
ZCarGo is offline   Reply With Quote