View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
EgoTrip
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
EgoTrip is on a distinguished road
Default Forum newbie - looking for advice between MT and AT

I don't have my Z yet, still in the decision phase. I haven't driven one yet, so don't know the "butt feel" difference between MT and AT. I wanted to get some on-line opinions from the experts before I scheduled the test drives.

Obviously the AT isn't a clutchless manual like a DSG tranny. But is there enough of a performance benefit to the MT? I couldn't find any comparo's of 0-60 times between the 2.

I'm wondering if the "Fun Factor" of the MT will wear off over a short time, and I'll find myself wishing I had the Automatic.

This will be my full time daily driver. So I'll need it to handle commutes as well as the fun drives.

I am a car guy, which is why I'd consider a Z in the first place, but I also traded in my last MT car 2 years ago and have been driving an AT since. I guess my ideal car would be a clutchless manual, but I'm wondering if I'd be missing out on the whole "sports car experience" if I got an AT?

Any and all opinions welcome. I've been reading a lot of the posts here, and there's a lot of good info.

I'll post a followup when I finally test drive the 2 models.

Thanks guys.
EgoTrip is offline   Reply With Quote