View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
prichardson
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z CS M6
prichardson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
maybe you can get DI the next production run... maybe that's why they're having a long break in between?
The configuration is a little different for us in Canada. I don't know what all the differences are, but I know at least that our speedometer is in km/h whereas the Americans get mph. Looking at the threads about DIY fog lamp installations, it seems that our wiring to the back may be a bit different too along with a slightly different turn signal stock. So maybe they need a critical mass before deciding to build some destined for Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
But being in Canada, can you not just go south and grab one from the US?
I could actually save quite a bit of money even considering the exchange rate and the duty that I'd have to pay. But apart from not wanting a car with mph and whatever else, it can get kind of political too. It used to be that it would cost $1.15CAD - $1.25CAD to buy $1.00US so we were used to seeing the prices of things in the US to be 20% - 30% less in US$ than what we would see in CAD$ up here. More recently though, the exchange has been around $1.05 (we've even been at par and beyond a few times) so there was a bit of an uproar when we still saw the same car selling for $30,000US in the states would sell for $40,000CAD. People starting flooding over the border to buy their cars, mph be damned. So much so that manufacturers started banning dealers near the border selling to people who didn't have an American address, or so the story goes. And I don't know what kind of reception someone might get when they tried to service their American bought car at their local dealer in Canada. I'm not a rock-the-boat kind of guy, so I'm happy to patiently wait for my Canadian car. Though it's a little tougher now that spring seems to have sprung for us!
prichardson is offline   Reply With Quote