View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
markymark
Base Member

Drives: white 370z 6MT
markymark is on a distinguished road

I asked Whiteline about the stiffness of their bars vs other companies (i.e. hotchkis) and their response was that they didnt want to go much stiffer as it upset the balance. They've just about finished developing their sway bars for the R35 GTR, and the owner of the development car had the stillen sways (he wasnt happy with them)- whiteline ended up reducing the diameter, so maybe stiffer isnt always better

Anyway I got the Z back today, I noted a coupla things.

Its got their new sway bar links on the rear, which should make adjusting the sway bar stiffness quite quick especially at the track

HTML Code:
http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/252%20-%20new%20Whiteline%20sway%20bar%20links.pdf
Also the front is 2 way adjustable not 3 way as initially thought, rear is still 3 way as u can see from the pic.

They couldnt fit the adjustable links in the front as the OE link acts as the lower shock bolt (not sure what that means) but they're confident the stock links are strong enough for the stiffer bars.

I haven't taken the Z to any serious mountain runs yet, but I did take a few motorway entrances "at speed". The car has a much snappier turn in response and less body roll, but more significantly the rear kicks out a fair bit easier - there were a few 'whoa' moments on the roundabouts. It also reduced the floaty feeling the car has on rougher surfaces which is great - I was considering getting coilovers just to get rid of that sensation

Overall very happy. They're going to borrow the car again in a months time to develop some bushing kits, I'll let u guys know
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote