View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #990 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstrnldr View Post
I'm curious why you think its better to run a compressor out of or on the low end of its efficiency range rather than just be realistic about your power goals and buy a charger based on that from the beginning? I can't see choosing something based on what i might do later when its not the best option for what i am building right now.
I think it comes down to people becoming power hungry when they are exposed to boost. Giving a kit that produces great numbers out of the box is great, but giving people the ability to make big power when they are ready without changing major components, even better.

The same design philosophy is used by Greddy with their twin turbo kits.