View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
kantonm
Base Member

Drives: 06 Acura TL
kantonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGTO View Post
Did you get a chance to "test" the base brakes? Also, did it seem like there was a lot of tire or road noise with the base tires? Some reviews have noted a lot of road and tire noise on the sport model, but I wonder if the smaller base tires may be less noisy.
didnt test the brakes, It didnt seem to be any louder than other sports cars that Ive had... I drove on rough city streets and on the freeway with the radio off and It did not seem excessively loud... C & D shows that the interior noise with the sport pkg is the same or lower than the RX8 which i owned for three years and I never felt that it was loud. I also never drive without the music, usually relatively loud! I now drive a TL with a very similar tire setup as the sport package z (245/35/19 and 275/30/19) and when i went back to my car it didnt seem considerably quieter.. I think that it seems louder because of the hatchback, as opposed to a trunk that is more isolated?!.. just my impression, maybe its more noticeable when the new car excitement wears off.
kantonm is offline   Reply With Quote