View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boba
Southern California Region Moderator

Drives: 350z
Boba will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Boba

Do you have a picture of the ding? I'm guessing from prior experience that you are looking at ~$600+ for the repair. If it's only a ding and not too serious, you can just go to a dent remover to remove the dent and repair the paint yourself by wetsanding and using touch up paint.

Edit: Also, another reason I don't suggest re-painting the fender is 1.) the paint body shops use will never match up 100% with the OEM paint no matter how good the shop is, and you will be able to tell by the OEM orange peel vs. an aftermarket one, and 2.) when selling your car, you do not want to go through the hassle of telling the buyer (private or dealer) that the fender was entirely repainted due to some ding.

Last alternative you can do is to basically paint the ding yourself. Cover up the area surrounding the ding with layers of newspaper, strip the paint on the ding to its bare metal, sand, apply primer, and paint with addition of clear coat (buy a pint from body shop) by using a automotive spray gun or something similar.

Just a few suggestions for you to consider

Last edited by Boba; 03-09-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Boba is offline   Reply With Quote