Thread: theDreamer's Z
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #140 (permalink)
rednek01
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mustang GT
rednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond repute

The installation was a breeze! If I had a lift I would have had the exhaust on in less than an hour.

The fit and finish is great on the exhaust all the welds look great.

The passenger side tip hung about 1/2" lower than the drivers side when it was all said and done which could be caused by a number of reasons, but we simply put spacers between the drivers side hanger and it lowered the tip enough that they are now even.

As far as the sound it is a huge improvement over stock, but personally I found it still to be way too quiet. Granted I don't want open header loud, but I was expecting a louder exhaust note and wasn't totally impressed with it. I liked it much better when we just played with deleting the muffler.

For those of you getting ready to install your exhaust be prepared to bust a sweat getting the stock nuts loose on the exhaust. I had a ratchet and a piece of pipe to extend the handle and put more torque on the bolts. I even broke a craftsman deep socket on one of the bolts. Use some penetrating stuff like PB blaster to make this process a little easier. and if you have it put some anti-seize on the supplied nuts and bolts to prevent them from sticking in the future.

You will need a deep 14mm socket and if you remove the exhaust hangers a 12mm socket and extensions where necessary.

Remember when putting the new exhaust in get it all bolted together and installed before tightening it down I have always found that makes it much easier than trying to fight something you just tightened down or having to go back and loosen it for that extra bit of movement.

Also you are supplied nuts and bolts for the very front connection (just behind the cats) but rather than trying to get the pressed in studs out of the cat pipe I just reused the stock nuts on this connection.

Hope this helps everyone who has or is getting this exhaust. If there are any install questions feel free to pm me.

Last edited by rednek01; 03-09-2010 at 10:39 AM.
rednek01 is offline   Reply With Quote